17 July 2010

Times They Are a Changin'

I started The Paper Pony to keep track of what we were doing creatively in the house. The name was inspired by my childhood ponies with whom I spent many hours of fun and make believe but who only exist on paper now. They represent a wonderful childhood in which I was always encouraged in my creative pursuits.
I had no idea when this blog went public last October (with a 5 month health/hospital break in between) how much this would enrich my life! I am so thankful to have met so many wonderful people who like what I like and who inspire and teach me so much everyday! I have learned how to be a better photographer, computer geek, friend and mother because of all of you in the blogging world and I look forward to even more! More friends, more learning and more creating!

I think it is time to branch out a little-bitty bit. You will be seeing some changes in the next couple of weeks as I update some things. Nothing too drastic- a new pony designed by none other than world-famous equine artist Sandra Connolly (who also happens to be my mom), a new banner and a few other bells and whistles. Also, since I normally post projects about three times per week, and have bookmarked a bajillion projects, I will start posting a weekly "to-do" list which will feature projects I would eventually like "to-do" and hopefully you will find interesting as well. I am warning you ahead of time that there is no rhyme nor reason to the madness- many highlighted projects will be older ones, but I need to get those ideas out of my bookmarks and back to the forefront of my mind. Also, I want to add a "Friday Flashback" feature in which past projects will be re-visited and/or updated. Not every week- I can't be that rigid! Don't fence me in baby! I need space to be organic and move with what moves me at the moment (Oooh, that sounds ever so hippie!) I hope you like what is planned! I am excited.

Oh! One more thing: To make communication even easier, there is now a Facebook page for The Paper Pony! Check it out on the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Visiting back from your comment on my blog- you gave me a good laugh for sure! I'm a new follower- good luck in all the changes you want to make and I hope to keep up with them! Love your description of yourself btw- I so relate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails