12 December 2009

Doughnut Snowman

These are so much fun to do in a party setting... and not just the children love making them. You can probably figure it out by looking, but we use 3 sizes of powdered doughnuts: Large, small and holes. It is always a good idea to have some extra powdered sugar around in case they need an extra sprinkling of white... it also looks good on the bottom of a display plate topped by a whole snowman family. When you have your doughnuts ready, just stack them according to size and decorate. We use an orange sprinkle for a nose, but you could just as easily pipe one on. We finished him off with mini chocolate chips and a fruit roll-up scarf. I think he also looked cute without the scarf. You could also add a cute little top hat made by sticking a marshmallow on top of a round cookie and dipping the whole thing in chocolate. Maybe we'll try that next year, but we didn't have any of that on hand (and not enough time to do it anyway). These snowmen are so easy, even very young children can help and, of course, they are fun to EAT!
Update: My parents came over tonight for dessert and my 5-year-old daughter was the "teacher" and instructed everyone how to make these... it was so much fun! Here is her creation- I LOVE the sprinkle eyebrows!

5 comments:

  1. How clever. Great dessert idea and craft for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! Great idea, this is great especially for my family which loves donuts!! Thanks for sharring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My 3 yr old son and I are hosting a snow party next week. we'll definitely be using this idea. I found you on One Pretty Thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made these as part of a snow-themed birthday party for my son in 2000! Cute to see them here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! I'm going to try to do this for a birthday cake for a relative for Christmas.

    I'll frost cake in white and then make a snowman and woman couple and add some edible glitter flakes for fun.

    What a fun and super clever idea. Thanks for the inspiration! Love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails