Having just moved into our new house, I wanted something colorful for the twins' nursery but didn't have much in the funds (as in we were flat broke). I found this cute name banner at The Land of Nod and thought I might be able to re-create it using things I already had around the house. First, I found a font I liked and blew it up to the size I needed. Then I tweaked the letters so it only printed the outlines. It was helpful to actually trace the letters with black ink on the wrong side of the papers that were printed first so the lines were dark enough to see through the scrapbook paper. Then, using a lightbox and some scrapbooking paper, I traced the backwards letters onto the wrong side of the paper, cut them out and glued them together. I liked the layered carnival look to the font so I kind of went with bright, colorful papers. Abby liked coloring the printed letters after I was done with them. Finally, I punched holes in the tops of the letters and through them, threaded coordinating ribbon. I secured the ribbon on the back with tape, hung the banners and voila! I was pleased with the way they turned out and the best part was the cost: free! Not bad if I do say so myself.